Monday, December 13, 2010

My English Roots

Alfred & Edith Warry

My grandmother’s parents, Alfred William Warry and Edith Eilnore Smith emigrated from England to Canada in 1906 and 1907.  Alfred arrived in March 1906 aboard the Southwark.  Edith followed more than a year later, arriving in December 1907 aboard the Kensington.  Traveling with Edith were the children;  my grandmother, Dorothy Eleanor May Warry, Sydney Alfred Warry, and John William Warry. They first settled at 34 Brunfield in Toronto West, as they are in the 1911 census. I’m not sure when or why they ended up in Alberta (this is an area for more research). While Alfred, Edith, Dorothy, and John came to Alberta.  Sydney stayed in Ontario, later moving to New York.
Automated Genealogy is a great site for free Canadian census information for 1901, 1911, 1906 for Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, and 1851. The linking project looks interesting and I plan to try it in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment