Saturday, January 3, 2015

SNGF - Best Find of 2014, and Challenge for 2015

It's has been a quite awhile since I've participated in a Saturday Night Genealogy Fun mission  from  Randy Seaver at  Genea-Musings. This week's mission is:

1) What was your best research achievement in 2014? 

My best research achievement in 2014 was discovering more about my Finnish side on my maternal great grandmother's side.  It all started with the help of a Finnish cousin. Once I discovered the parish they came from and how the records worked, I discovered many cousins and ancestors. I wrote posts for both my Finnish 2nd great grandparents Matti Mattinpoika Haukijärvi and Britta Maria Juhontytär Polo. The record that help get my Finnish research started was the marriage record for Matti and Britta Maria.
Honkavaara & Polo Marriage
2) What research problem do you want to work on in 2015?

For 2015 I would like to find out more information about my Finnish great grandfather Jaakko Makie or Makela. I have very little information about him. All I know about him is that he was born in Finland about 1883, I'm not even sure where. I'm not sure of his correct name and spelling. He lived in North Dakota, USA by Towner county where his children where born. He moved to the Coteau area in Saskatchewan about 1911. Jaakko ended up in Rich Lake, Alberta where he died in 1964 and he is buried in the Fork Lake Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment