Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day - True Love

Valentine's is the day we get all mushy and sentimental. This article seems very appropriate for this romantic day.  I found this couple intriguing as my Scottish ancestors were from Lanark, Scotland.  What a great story of love although I'm skeptical of the details - baptized the same day, same church, same birth date, same death date, and of course no ailments.  What a busy midwife to be helping two babies into the world within the same hour. Like all documents written many years ago William Douglas's wife is not mentioned by name.  I've tried to find who the Douglass were but I've not been able to discover their identity.
 

The Carolina Federal Republican
                                (New Bern, North Carolina)
                             14 March 1818 • Page 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment