May the New Year bring you happiness and many new discoveries.
Another year has gone and time to reflect on 2014 and prepare for 2015. My 2014 blogging year in review:
- I've had over 11,000 views in 2014. Not bad considering that it took me two years to have 10,000 views.
- I wrote 38 posts most of them for the 52 Ancestor challenge started by Amy Johnson Crow of No Story Too Small. Although I didn't manage an ancestor a week, I learned more about each one as I prepared the post.
- I've started adding sources and their links if I can. It has taking me longer to get each post ready, but I'm learning more about how to do citations.
- Jana Last from Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog included my blog in her Fab Finds for December 5, 2014. Thank you Jana.
-I had a DNA cousin add a comment with a translation for one of my Finnish photos posted on March 8, 2013. Thank you Jari.
- My most popular post in 2014 was Workday Wednesday - The Public Benefit Boot Company. My posts about Robert's Roots always get lots of views like 52 Ancestors- Robert Stoddart and 52 Ancestors - Michael Lutz. My post about my Finnish 2nd great grandmother, 52 Ancestors - Britta Maria Polo (Honkawaara) had quite a few views.
- Some of my family is now reading my blog. Our ancestors will live on if we share them and their stories.
- I've added my blog to Pinterest.