Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy 1st Blogiversay to Me

I can't believe that I've been blogging for a whole year.  It has been been an interesting experience and I learned a lot.  I've written 70 posts and had 1643 previews.  But of those 1643 previews, who actually read my blog, how many were interested in genealogy, or how many found a common ancestor?  Those are the numbers I'm interested in.  The best part of blogging is the hope that someone with a common ancestor will find my blog.  But even better would be for them to send me a message or add a comment.  I've actually had that happen this year.  A cousin in England found a common Smith ancestor and added a comment.  We had a great exchange of emails and information.  What was really interesting is that she lived in the same area that our ancestors had lived in.  She even sent me photos of a couple of churches our ancestor went to.  Exciting stuff.  So I will keep blogging.   If you read this and find a common ancestor - add a comment or send an email.  I look forward to hearing from you.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing a year! Good for you. Here's to another great one, and to more living common descendants contacting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I look forward to another year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jacqueline! I just discovered your blog tonight through Genealogy Canada blog. My son was born in Berwick when we were posted to Greenwood. I have NS roots from Halifax, Shelburne and Colchester Counties, with majority from Lunenburg County, even with a Barkhouse line. :o) I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cheryl. My husband's family has been in Nova Scotia since the 1700s. He has lots of relatives in the Berwick area. His 2nd great grandmother was a Barkhouse.

    ReplyDelete