Friday, March 4, 2011

Fearless Females – Marriage Records

Thanks to Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist for Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts for March in honour of National Women’s History Month in the USA.

From my Dad’s side of the family, I have a photo of the original marriage certificate that my uncle has, passed down from his mother, Dorothy Paterson(Warry).  This certificate is over hundred years old! This was her parent’s marriage certificate (my great grandparents), Alfred William Warry and Edith Eleanor Smith. They were married August 2, 1897 in the Buckland Baptist Chapal,  Branksome Road, Poole, England. Please see labels on side more about the Warrys.

From my Mom’s side of the family, I have a return of a marriage to county clerk for my 2nd great grandparents, James R. Landers and Angeline Littrell.  They were married August 29, 1883 at Millersburg, Mercer County, Iowa.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment